Measured Progress respects your privacy and strives to create a safe online environment. Personal information is collected for the purpose of enhancing your experience on our site and will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent. Measured Progress may change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement via the website.
Measured Progress uses reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to maintain the confidentiality of the information we collect online. The site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.measuredprogress.org (“our website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use our website. By accessing or using our website, you agree to this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our website.
- in email, text, forms and other electronic messages between you and our website.
- from your purchase of a product.
It does not apply to information collected:
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- by Measured Progress offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Measured Progress or any third party.
- by any third party (including affiliates) including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our website.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
Collection of Data
“Personal information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal information includes (1) contact data (such as email address, telephone number, and employers), (2) demographic data (such as zip code), and (3) certain usage data (defined below), such as IP address, user generated content or purchases.
“Usage information” or “usage data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual. This may include browser type, operating system, most viewed and visited pages and links on our website, most frequent entry and exit points, number of form completions, time spent on pages, most frequent downloads, keywords used most frequently offsite to lead customers to our website, information collected via cookies, and other device event information such as system activity, crashes, and hardware settings.
Generally, we do not consider usage data as personal information because usage data by itself usually does not identify an individual. personal information and usage data may be linked together. Different types of usage information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person. Also, some usage data may be personal information under applicable law.
Information We Collect from You Directly
We collect information from you when you:
- Use our website: We collect personal information and usage data from forms you submit to use one of our services, post material, contact us for help or information, or otherwise provide your personal information or request other services. We collect the information and content that you submit to us when you input your information in a form on our website, request additional information on a service, and enter comments. Before providing it to us, we urge you to carefully consider whether to disclose your sensitive personal information to us. If you do provide sensitive personal information to us, you consent to its use and disclosure for the limited purposes for which it was collected.
- Link to our Business Partners and Service Providers: Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information (including personal information and usage data) about you through the services and share it with us. For example, when you submit a form on our website, we use a third-party company to collect and store that data.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and resources that you access and use on our website.
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Collecting this data helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
How Your Information is Used
We use the personal information that we collect to operate, improve, and personalize our website and services, including to provide customer service, customize our advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your personal information as follows:
- to provide the services to you
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it
- to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us
- for customer service and security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and/or for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the services
- to communicate with you, via email, telephone, text (SMS) messages (if applicable based on your consent), postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you to inform you about our services, special offers, etc. (Message and data rates may apply.)
- to better understand how users access and use our website and services, for the purposes of trying to improve our website and services and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users’ usage of the services
- to help us develop new products and services and improve our existing products and services
- to provide users with relevant advertising and direct marketing
- to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities in connection with the services
- and for any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- with your consent
- for legal purposes, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- All information you provide to Measured Progress is stored on secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to see the information Measured Progress retains about you. To make this request, please write to the email address or physical address at the end of this policy.
You have the right to “opt out”—to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, by writing to the same email address. Please provide identifying information such as your name, email address, or other information you may have provided to us so that we can meet your request. For assistance opting out, you can write to the email address or physical address found at the end of this policy.
Using your Data
Measured Progress must maintain contact data to communicate transactional information. Measured Progress also sends promotional material promoting conference participation, training opportunities, or other offerings. From time to time, Measured Progress collaborates with other organizations to promote other programs that may be of interest to education professionals. We will obtain your prior “opt-in” via interaction with our website before sending you marketing communications. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing material, every marketing e-mail will include an opt-out link at the bottom, or you may notify Measured Progress in writing at the address found at the end of this policy. Opting out of marketing communications does not cover opting out of Measured Progress transactional notices as described above.
We may not accommodate a request if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our website or through any of its features. Do not register on our website, make any purchases through our website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
This site contains links to other sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Measured Progress Legal Department
100 Education Way
Dover, NH 03820
Last updated: September 9, 2018