Your Partner for Statewide Assessments
Crafting a high-stakes assessment program that meets specific goals and satisfies a range of stakeholders starts with sound measurement practice and continues with creativity, pragmatism, and flexibility.
We understand the challenges educators face. We work with state leaders to balance competing needs and help them weather transitions. We’ve partnered with states and consortia through landmark changes in testing—the authentic assessment movement, No Child Left Behind, and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. The assessment landscape continues to shift—With the ESSA passed in 2015, states can craft new accountability solutions, whether affiliated with one of the national consortia or going independently, whether using the CCSS or their own college and career ready standards. We’re ready to help.
We continue to support our clients meeting the challenges of
- New or modified standards for college and career readiness
- Online testing, and the resulting hurdles for some states, districts, and schools
- Calls for better accessibility tools
- Innovative items and performance tasks that demonstrate rich understanding of complex standards
- New autonomy to choose accountability assessment programs
What Makes Us Different
We like to talk about “the Measured Progress Difference.” It’s how we describe the mix of values and convictions that go into our work. It’s about service to our clients. It’s about our ultimate mission to improve instruction for students.
The Measured Progress Difference means that we don’t just fulfill contracts; we build and sustain relationships. We share your goals and make decisions with your students in mind. At every step of the way, we ask ourselves “How will this affect a student taking this test?” or ‘Will this be easy for a teacher to use?” We help you craft solutions that provide the best answers to those questions.
Breadth and Depth Address a Range of Needs
There is no “typical” contract or client for Measured Progress.
Our expertise and innovations in core subject areas—reading, writing, mathematics, and science are demonstrated in current accountability programs. But our experience covers a much wider span.
- We’ve worked with states to create large-scale tests in social studies and history, visual and performing arts, technology, health and safety, and Spanish language arts.
- We’ve scored student responses and provided parent reports in a variety of languages.
- We’ve honed secure, efficient processes for high-volume paper-pencil testing, administered thousands of online tests, and helped states make the technology transition.
See the descriptions of our Services to learn more.
Whatever your need, we can deliver a solution. From targeted assistance in one area to full-service support from start to finish, we have specialists who thrive on advancing your goals. Contact us to learn more about Enterprise Assessment Services that can address key areas.
With a new testing company and a new online platform, we had to learn a lot in a short time. The Measured Progress newsletters were a “go-to” spot to find information. I get a lot of emails with a lot of information—it was nice to have all the information I needed for our Measured Progress programs in one place.”Jean Brassfield | Director of Student Assessment | Broken Arrow School District, OK