Science, Mathematics, English Language Arts (Reading, Writing), Social Studies
Measured Progress is searching for highly qualified, freelance item writers to develop test items for large-scale, customized assessment programs, alternate assessments, performance tasks, and formative item banks that cover all grades K-12. Freelance item writers work off-site and are usually paid on a per-item basis.
Freelance item writers write multiple-choice, open response, short answer, performance tasks, and technology-enhanced educational assessment items to specific curricula frameworks according to Measured Progress standards, specifications, and deadlines. Freelancers are sent a copy of the item writing standards, directions, sample items, and other reference materials, and are expected to type their items–but any graphics may be submitted as roughs (sketches or photocopies). Items submitted to Measured Progress must be original and must not be submitted elsewhere or used on other classroom tests.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Doctorate in discipline (or in Curriculum, Measurement or another applicable area).
- Two or more years of teaching experience earned at the elementary, middle or secondary level.
- Prior item writing experience preferred but will provide instructional materials and feedback.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with national and/or state curriculum standards including the Common Core (for Math and ELA) and the Next Generation Science Standards, NGSS (for Science).
Determining Independent Contractor Status
For the purpose of a potential assignment, please complete this form and submit with your resume to help us identify whether you would work with Measured Progress as an independent contractor or payrolled contingent worker.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Measured Progress is an Equal Opportunity Employer.