Be a Part of Our Future
Are you an accomplished educational assessment leader who is looking for an opportunity to advance K-12 education? A not-for-profit organization, Measured Progress seeks leaders who share our mission of improving teaching and learning through forward-thinking assessment programs and services. Review our Featured Opportunities, below, to see how you can join our collaborative and energetic environment.
For more information on our Featured Opportunities, please access the position link(s) below and/or contact our Director of Employment and Employee Relations directly.
- Senior Psychometrician/Research Scientist
Location: Dover, NH or Remote Based
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 17-PSYCH-2075
The Senior Psychometrician/Research Scientist is a senior level individual contributor in psychometric analysis, technology development, research initiatives and interpretation of results. The Senior Psychometrician/Research Scientist serves as a psychometric advisor and technical leader for clients, psychometricians and other functional groups. The Senior Psychometrician/Research Scientist conceptualizes, designs, and conducts major research, development and/or large-scale analysis projects and disseminates the results and implications of research. The Senior Psychometrician/Research Scientist provides leadership to psychometric interns, associate psychometricians/research scientists, intermediate psychometricians/research scientists, and representatives from other functional groups. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Advise and implement new psychometric operational procedures.
- Designs and performs the psychometric work for complex research projects and operational work assignments.
- Works at a high level of skill, both independently and as part of a team, in all phases of psychometric analysis.
- Accountable for psychometric design and analysis decisions.
- Applies advanced knowledge of statistical procedures, psychometric methods and their applications and statistical programming (e.g., SAS, SPSS, WINSTEPS, BILOG, MULTILOG, PARSCALE, C++, SPLUS, FORTRAN, FlexMIRT).
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced team members in conducting complex research and developing data interpretation materials and publications.
- Represents organization’s position on technical issues to clients, external boards and panels, professional associations, and other agencies.
- Develops proposal solutions and contributes to the proposal process.
- Participates in determining research policies and priorities, which have broad organizational implications.
- Conducts and collaborates on research on behalf of clients and the organization.
- Makes presentations at national and international conferences and may present technical information to different audiences (e.g., client groups or technical advisory committees).
- Maintains professional relationships as a representative or advisor to external advisory or policy boards and councils, research organizations, educational institutions and educators.
- Recommend, implement and test new strategies for addressing operational analytic procedures.
- Generate or contributes to new or modified scientific theories, research methodology, analytic or interpretive procedures.
- Advise and implement an R&D agenda designed to further the strategic agenda of the organization.
- Recommend the research of new innovations.
- Serves as a liaison to clients in disseminating current psychometric research findings.
- Recommend, implement and test new strategies for cross functional operating procedures.
- Assist with the operational design, development and implementation of new products.
- Advise and contribute to the implementation of innovative R&D initiatives of other functional groups.
- Advise and assist with new innovations.
- Design and develop new operational tools created to conduct psychometric procedures.
- Responsible for testing, validating and ensuring the quality control of the new tools.
- Recommend and develop new tools for other functional groups.
- Maintain and support the system of psychometric and cross functional tools.
- Assist with the transition of technology innovations to implementation.
- Direct process improvements from a technological psychometric perspective.
- Ph.D. in educational, statistics, measurement, psychometrics or an Ed.D. in educational measurement and a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience
- Proficient with psychometric software skills (i.e., PARSCALE, Winsteps, FlexMIRT etc.)
- Director of Sales and Marketing
Location: Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
The Director of Sales & Marketing oversees and manages all aspects of the Sales and Marketing Departments to build and close leads across our products and services. The Director creates and implements marketing and sales plans for Measured Progress products that help the organization accomplish its mission, in line with the vision and strategy roadmap, to reach revenue and market objectives and goals. This position will partner with key leadership counterparts in the organization to establish high level business goals that will drive growth, and will report to the Vice President of Marketing. Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and implement marketing and sales plans based on revenue goals, knowledge of mission, education policy, customer needs, and market trends and analytics.
- These efforts include creating and maintaining a content marketing campaign calendar; development of sales tools, collateral, and content; synthesizing market intelligence; lead generation; public relations; web/SEO strategies; and conducting and analyzing market research.
- Own the process and strategy development for positioning, messaging, segmentation analysis, product pricing, sales collateral and sales efforts.
- Own the development and execution of effective marketing and sales qualified lead generation.
- Identify target markets and sales territories for products and services.
- Lead, motivate, and manage sales and marketing teams in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals.
- Contribute to and improve District RFI and RFP responses in collaboration with the Proposals team.
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative data sources to drive recommendations, using insights obtained from market research, customer analytics, client segmentation and best practices.
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive trends; effectively communicate these trends to the organization and make recommendations as appropriate for new marketing approaches.
- Develop, implement, and periodically review sales channel strategies, including both field and business-to-business sales channels.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets.
- Prepare and present monthly and annual sales and marketing reports and forecasts.
- Prepare and present annual sales and marketing plans with quarterly updates.
- Lead and support marketing and sales activities guided by the Pragmatic Marketing framework and associated industry best practices, guiding the team in fostering a market-driven and market-research oriented culture company-wide.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in product/service marketing in the K-12 education marketplace with demonstrated sales success and ability to execute successful sales strategies
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience with staff development and mentoring in a sales environment
- At least two (2) years of comparable industry-based senior leadership experience in education assessment (in combination with a bachelor’s degree) can substitute for the advanced degree requirement
- Strong working knowledge and first-hand experience with the full range of marketing/sales support tools, systems, resources, approaches, and processes appropriate for the K-12 education marketplace
- Outstanding organizational and management skills, including the ability to provide high performance leadership and team management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, including proven presentation/training skills
- Understanding of the K-12 assessment market, the competitive landscape, and key industry trends and drivers
- Understanding of local (and state) education agency decision making processes and protocols and the decision making/influencing roles of key players at each level
- Pragmatic Marketing certifications are preferred
- Director of Reporting
Location: Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 16-DTA_RPTGSV-2004
The Director of Reporting oversees the operational data and reporting of all assessment programs and products. Works collaboratively with other stakeholders and is responsible for developing and defining the vision for reporting within the organization, both for complex, large scale, high stakes programs and small scale, simpler, rapid turnaround district products. Designs, supports, and guides the implementation of enterprise improvement initiatives related to structure, operational procedures and communication strategies while maintaining a high quality of all assessment data related deliverables. Develops and implements the strategy, planning, budgeting and administration of all data and reporting activities for the organization. This includes aligning resources to the corporate business plan and ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and with quality that meets business requirements. Analyzes the policy and business implications of all data and reporting initiatives. Prioritizes, designs and leads all necessary change management activities to meet evolving business conditions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance and vision for both current and next generation reporting.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of data and reporting teams.
- Ensure reporting systems reflect valid data and encourage interpretations that can be supported by the measurement solution.
- Drive the monitoring of current processes, identify opportunities for improvement, design, and document improvements.
- Design data systems aligned with accepted measurement practices and data analyses standards.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop data flow and reporting plans including requirements, tasks, and milestones.
- Represent the program/product at internal meetings, serve as the first point of contact for client requests, and serve as the first point of contact for functional groups regarding data flow and reporting procedures.
- Inform R&D efforts according to client and market need.
- Serve as an advocate for Data & Reporting Service (DRS) capabilities when working with other functional groups and help drive towards a cost effective, efficient, solution that aligns with what the client is trying to achieve.
- Identify, implement and document a framework to ensure effective operations controls and meaningful communication on reporting capabilities and activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with departments to include client management, IT and measurement services in defining reporting requirements, establishing time frames for delivery, reviewing for quality and reconciling data.
- Define and implement operational procedures, lead the data and reporting staff in the management of projects and resources.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of educational assessment
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education (minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or related filed) and experience (equal to a minimum of 9 years)
- Extensive experience working with analytics, business intelligence, and data management software – e.g. SAS, SPSS, SQL Crystal Reports, etc.
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes for consideration. If you’ve applied in the past and would like to view or update your information or apply for another position, please login to our self-service website.