Be a Part of Our Future
Are you an accomplished educational assessment leader who is looking for an opportunity to advance K-12 education? A nonprofit organization, Measured Progress seeks leaders who share our mission of improving teaching and learning through forward-thinking assessment programs and services. Review our Featured Opportunities, below, to see how you can join our collaborative and energetic environment.
For more information on our Featured Opportunities, please access the position link(s) below and/or contact our Director of Employment and Employee Relations directly.
- Psychometrician/Research Scientist - Senior
Location: Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 17-PSYCH-2198
Senior level individual contributor in psychometric analysis, technology development, research initiatives and interpretation of results. Serves as a psychometric advisor and technical leader for clients, psychometricians and other functional groups. Conceptualizes, designs, and conducts major research, development and/or large-scale analysis projects and disseminates the results and implications of research. Provides leadership to psychometric interns, associate psychometricians/research scientists, intermediate psychometricians/research scientists, and representatives from other functional groups. Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Advise and implement new psychometric operational procedures.
- Designs and performs the psychometric work for complex research projects and operational work assignments.
- Works at a high level of skill, both independently and as part of a team, in all phases of psychometric analysis.
- Accountable for psychometric design and analysis decisions.
- Applies advanced knowledge of statistical procedures, psychometric methods and their applications and statistical programming (e.g., SAS, SPSS, WINSTEPS, BILOG, MULTILOG, PARSCALE, C++, SPLUS, FORTRAN, FlexMIRT).
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced team members in conducting complex research and developing data interpretation materials and publications.Represents organization’s position on technical issues to clients, external boards and panels, professional associations, and other agencies.
- Develops proposal solutions and contributes to the proposal process.
- Participates in determining research policies and priorities, which have broad organizational implications.
- Conducts and collaborates on research on behalf of clients and the organization.
- Makes presentations at national and international conferences and may present technical information to different audiences (e.g., client groups or technical advisory committees).
- Maintains professional relationships as a representative or advisor to external advisory or policy boards and councils, research organizations, educational institutions and educators.
- Recommend, implement, and test new strategies for addressing operational analytic procedures.
- Generate or contribute to new or modified scientific theories, research methodology, analytic, or interpretive procedures.
- Advise and implement an R&D agenda designed to further the strategic agenda of the organization.
- Recommend the research of new innovations.
- Serve as a liaison to clients in disseminating current psychometric research findings.
- Recommend, implement, and test new strategies for cross-functional operating procedures.
- Assist with the operational design, development, and implementation of new products.
- Advise and contribute to the implementation of innovative R&D initiatives for other functional groups.
- Advise and assist with the operationalization of new innovations.
- Design and develop new operational tools created to conduct psychometric procedures.
- Be responsible for testing, validating, and ensuring the quality control of new tools.
- Recommend and develop new tools for other functional groups.
- Maintain and support the system of psychometric and cross-functional tools.
- Assist with the transition of technology innovations to implementation.
- Direct process improvements from a technological psychometric perspective.
- Ph.D. in educational, statistics, measurement, psychometrics or an Ed.D. in educational measurement and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes for consideration. If you’ve applied in the past and would like to view or update your information or apply for another position, please login to our self-service website.