Summer Opportunity for Math and English Language Arts Educators
Apply or nominate a colleague to participate in this summer’s standard-setting study.
- Work with a group of experienced educators in your grade band and content area
- Review test items to determine the content knowledge, skills, and cognitive processes that each item requires
- Match item requirements with achievement level descriptors
- Determine cut scores between achievement levels
- Help inform a critical component of score reporting
WHO: We’re looking for a specific subset of educators. To participate, candidates must:
- Have 3 or more years of direct teaching experience in math or English language arts for grades 3 through 8, within the last 3 years
- Work in a public school or district
- Hold strong content-area knowledge
- Be familiar with college and career readiness standards and their application
- Be available for the entire 3.5-day study
Measured Progress will provide reimbursement for travel and lodging. If school is in session, Measured Progress will reimburse your school for the cost of substitute teachers.
WHEN: August 21–25, 2017
- Standard setting will take place as two overlapping 3.5 day workshops.
- Grades 6 through 8: August 21-23
- Grades 3 through 5: August 23-25
WHERE: Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport
7901 34th Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55425