Professional Hand-Scoring Services
Measured Progress has hand-scored up to 35 million student responses annually, including constructed- and extended-response questions, portfolios, performance tasks, and other items included in both general and alternate assessments.
Training and Accuracy
- All onsite and remote scorers must meet stringent educational requirements.
- We thoroughly train and qualify scorers before they may score any particular item.
- We closely monitor scorer accuracy and consistency, using proven methods such as read-behinds (back-reading), double-blind scoring, and embedded check-sets.
- When needed, we use a distributed scoring model (offsite scorers in multiple locations) to provide additional scoring capacity, as well as access to a more diverse pool of scorers.
- Using our proprietary iScore image-based scoring system, we deliver the same quality and consistency whether scoring is conducted via the distributed scoring model or at one of our 3 scoring centers.
- We regularly invite educators to visit our scoring facilities and view our “live” process.
- Clients see actual scoring being performed for their testing programs, and are welcome to discuss what they see with our management team.
- We work closely with educators in each of our client states, on reviews of benchmarking materials and associated scoring rubrics.
- Our Scoring Institutes have helped thousands of teachers affect meaningful improvements in classroom instruction and student performance.