| COMMON CORE Testlets |
Focus Classroom Instruction
Measured Progress COMMON CORE™ Testlets support formative assessment practices and provide a snapshot of how well students understand Common Core concepts in a specific cluster (reading) or domain (mathematics). Educators may administer Testlets as frequently as they like on the Lighthouse™ online testing platform to quickly analyze results and better direct both individual and small group instruction.
What are Testlets?
- Ten-point quizzes that cover key Common Core standards in reading and math in grades 3 through 8 and high school.
- Developed from Item Bank items, items in each Testlet range in cognitive complexity and are coded to Webb's Depth of Knowledge levels 1 through 3.
- Reading Testlets are passage-based and ask students to compare and contrast two passages, which may be either literary or informational. Each form covers the three reading anchor standards: key ideas and details, craft and structure, and integration of knowledge and ideas. Reading Testlets include 6 selected-response items and 1 constructed-response item.
- Math Testlets cover one cluster of standards. Math Testlets include 3 selected-response and 3 short-answer items, and 1 constructed-response item.
- Each Testlet may be administered in the online testing platform and completed in 20 minutes or less.
LighthouseTM is a next-generation assessment delivery platform developed by Texas-based eMetric, LLC, and made available to Measured Progress.