COMMON CORE Benchmarks
Keep Pace with the Common Core
Benchmarks cover grades 3 through 8 and monitor students' understanding of Common Core reading and math standards before students are evaluated on summative assessments. Forms may be administered after every five to nine weeks of instruction and can be completed in just one class period. Benchmarks follow the recommended scope and sequence outlined in the Measured Progress COMMON CORE Standards Pacing Guide.
Why use Benchmarks?
Benchmarks provide educators with a common measure for instructional feedback across grade levels, schools, and districts as part of a comprehensive Common Core assessment program. They can be administered at four different points throughout the year and progress in difficulty.
Using Benchmarks, you can:
- Gain valuable feedback about student understanding of the Common Core.
- More easily determine which Common Core standards should be assessed, and when.
- Schedule and administer tests within the online testing platform.
- Address a range of cognitive demand (Webb's Depth of Knowledge) in each form.
- Address multiple sets of standards.
- Assess students with various item types: constructed response, evidence-based selected-response items, and selected-response items.