Convenient and Useful Classroom Assessments
Measured Progress COMMON CORE™ Testlets provide a snapshot of student progression on a particular set of reading or math standards and support formative assessment practices.
Using Testlets, you can:
- Quickly assess a target group of standards in grades 3–high school.
- Address a range of cognitive complexity in a short form.
- Deliver assessments in paper-and-pencil format or in an online platform.
- Use class time efficiently; each Testlet can be completed in 20 to 30 minutes.
What else supports Testlets administration?
- Blueprints: Identifies a Testlet’s design, item types, DOK levels and anchor and target standards.
- Distractor Rationales and Scoring Guides: Help teachers uncover student misconceptions. Rubrics, sample responses, and scoring notes illustrate the level of rigor required by each constructed-response item and help teachers score these items consistently.
- Formative Support Tools: Empower students to take ownership of their learning by engaging them deeply in the formative feedback loop with these tools.
- You can use the guides and templates included with each set of Testlets to share learning targets, analyze student responses, and provide formative feedback.
- Students can use their own set of tools to clarify learning expectations, provide and receive feedback on their instructional needs, identify learning goals, and monitor their progress.