Build Customized Assessments and Grow Local Capabilities
Work with our assessment experts to:
- Audit your existing assessment program or system
- Create affordable, customized district-wide assessments based on your objectives and curricula scope and sequence
- Build NGSS*-aligned district-wide common science assessments
- Provide professional development for scoring and interpreting data.
Assessment Services can help your district:
- Review your current assessments
Assessment Review Service: Improve effectiveness of locally created tests
Improve the effectiveness and quality of your assessments. You’ll have more confidence in the data and evidence gathered, knowing that tests are constructed effectively and provide accurate, informative results. Our assessment specialists will:
- Review your locally-created tests and items.
- Provide feedback about the quality of test design and content.
- Present your district a summary of our findings based on quality indicators such as sequencing, key-runs, and accuracy.
- Build customized assessments
Test Construction Service: deliver more meaningful results
Customized assessments built to your district’s unique curriculum scope and sequence can deliver meaningful results, without the customized price tag. What’s more, they’re developed to elicit the evidence required to demonstrate understanding of targeted standards. You get effective, efficient tests that measure what a student has actually been taught throughout the year.
A collaborative process
The Measured Progress team works with you, to meet your unique needs. You participate in the development process every step of the way. When you work with Assessment Services, you can focus on using the data gathered from assessments—rather than on building the assessments themselves. Think of us as an extension of your assessment team, with 3 easy steps.
Here are the high-level steps for the test creation process:
First, you’ll tell us about your goals and desired outcomes, which will help inform specifications for test blueprints and forms. You can choose from a wide variety of item types:
- Performance tasks
- Technology-Enhanced Items (TEIs) with multiple interaction types
- Traditional item types such as selected-response, short-answer, constructed-response, and extended-response
- PARCC® and Smarter Balanced® item types such as evidence-based selected-response, multi-select, and prose-constructed-response
Next, Measured Progress experts will build assessments based on your specifications, using items from the Measured Progress Formative Content Bank. This phase includes activities such as selecting items and passages, sequencing items, and assuring the balance of standards represented.
Finally, you’ll receive your assessments in one of 3 ways:
- As QTI packages to ingest into your existing assessment platform
- Download into one of our partner platforms
- As PDF files that can you can download from a secure site and print
- Accurately score assessments
Professional Development for Scoring: Increase the accuracy and consistency of scoring
Help teachers interpret and use rubrics more consistently to review student work and score constructed-response items, writing tasks, and performance tasks. Online or in-person training includes scoring practice sets and calibration exercises to ensure teachers score all students’ work consistently.
Content and standards covered
Assessment Services provide expertise in English Language Arts, Reading, Writing, Mathematics, and Science. Standards supported include:
- College and career readiness standards
- State-specific standards
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)*
Let us help you reach your district’s assessment goals.
PARCC® is a registered mark of Parcc, Inc.
Smarter Balanced® is a registered trademark of the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium.
*NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.