Statewide Alternate Assessment
Every student can learn and deserves to be counted.
Giving all students access to the general curriculum has opened a new world to a population of students whose academic achievement, in large part, had been ignored.
Our commitment to these students and their educators goes beyond assessment. We forge ongoing relationships with our clients and support them in the development of assessment programs that demonstrate learning success for students of all cognitive levels. Furthermore, our groundbreaking research has helped make standards and items accessible for students with disabilities.
We take pride in our leading role in alternate assessment. Our special education professionals have extensive experience in:
- identifying strategies, through research and classroom experience, that most appropriately evaluate students with the most significant disabilities
- developing test items and designs, scoring, and interpreting data
- using a variety of alternate assessment options—portfolios, datafolios, electronic portfolios, and performance-based assessments
- providing training to special education teachers and administrators
- harnessing technology to help teachers collect and record student achievement