Be a Part of Our Future
Are you an accomplished educational assessment leader who is looking for an opportunity to advance K-12 education? A not-for-profit organization, Measured Progress seeks leaders who share our mission of improving teaching and learning through forward-thinking assessment programs and services. Review our Featured Opportunities, below, to see how you can join our collaborative and energetic environment.
For more information on our Featured Opportunities, please access the position link(s) below and/or contact our Director of Employment and Employee Relations directly.
- VP Measurement Services
Location: Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 16-MEASSVCS-2019
Measured Progress is currently seeking an accomplished leader from the field of educational assessment to join its leadership team and to serve as a champion for the quality and efficiency of content development, psychometrics and publishing/production operations – both within the organization, and to clients and other stakeholders within the field of educational assessment.
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer of Measured Progress, and serving as a Member of the Executive Leadership Group, The VP, Measurement Services provides leadership and management of the Measurement Services division, including overall responsibility for the content development, production, and measurement requirements of custom and proprietary educational assessment programs delivered in a variety of media formats.
The VP of Measurement Services leads a team of directors who manage the departments responsible for psychometrics, content design and development, publishing and various production operations within the Measurement Services division. This individual works closely with others to ensure the quality and efficiency of operational processes and to instill best practices. He or she also has overall responsibility for ensuring that contracted deliverables are planned and executed on behalf of state and district clients according to client and company standards, timelines, and budgets.
In addition, the individual in this key leadership position works closely with senior corporate management defining the technical requirements of strategic goals and objectives. He or she oversees the conceptualization and design of research plans for statewide contracts, technical reports and statewide testing programs in conjunction with supporting psychometric analysis, and ensures that our work upholds the standards for psychological testing and/or measurement principles.
Finally, the VP, Measurement Services oversees a coherent research agenda for the development and execution of programs of validity research, testing program research, capability development, and capability research. The oversight of this research agenda is done in collaboration with researchers at universities and institutions in disciplines that include statistics, psychometrics, educational research, cognitive science, computer science, and sociology. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Provide leadership, support, and oversight to Measurement Services which consists of a team of senior advisors, and Measured Progress’s Psychometrics, Content Development, and Publishing departments (6-7 direct reports and their approximately 85 full-time staff and additional part-time seasonal staff.)
- Expand the definition of, and monitor the quality of, the metrics and processes within the company’s divisions and associated departments.
- Facilitate the streamlining of work processes with the goal of delivering high quality products and services while meeting established timelines and schedules.
- Oversee the application of technology to assessment design and development, and to the content development for interactive online testing and other platforms.
- Oversee multiple phases of the research process, including designing, development, monitoring, data analysis, report generation, and presentation.
- Plan, manage, and forecast the annual budget, contract budgeting, capital cost expenditures, and overhead costs/needs for the Psychometrics, Content Development, and Publishing departments.
- Serve as resource and consultant for response to proposals (RFP’s), including designing solutions and developing scope of work and budgets.
- Represent the company at client meetings and other high-level contract or external industry meetings in a manner that reinforces the company’s reputation for quality, innovation, and leadership.
- Conduct and oversee the timely delivery of performance appraisals that build off competencies established for positions under management; ensure career development opportunities are identified and managed within departments; mentor and establish goals for employees that are aligned with company strategic goals.
- Champion and steward the adoption and implementation of the overall company strategy in the departments/divisions under management.
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Psychology, Educational Measurement, Psychology, Learning or Cognitive Sciences or related field is preferred
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of broad-based assessment program experience in complex educational assessment or related settings, including:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing staff and large-scale assessment experience;
- Advanced knowledge of assessment program elements, including operational psychometrics, test development, and production workflow, and how those components need to be integrated and managed to ensure adherence to high standards of quality, accuracy, and efficiency
- In-depth knowledge (including published research) of topics and issues in the field of assessment, including areas of research that support and advance the mission of Measured Progress, and its reputation for innovation and impact in the assessment industry
- Proven leadership and management skills in creating and leading educational measurement and research organizations, with a track record of strategic thinking and problem solving
- Thorough knowledge of K–12 assessment, educational testing operations, and related services; ability to lead and manage complex systems and processes; demonstrated ability to lead and engage large work groups to reach desired objectives
- Advanced knowledge of industry issues and best practices, including item/test development, psychometrics, database deliverables, and production workflow, along with the ability to cost effectively scale and adapt production to meet the needs of different business segments
- Demonstrated ability to define and drive an operational research vision, including identifying important issues/trends and taking advantage of or creating opportunities in support of the corporate mission
- Ability to interpret research findings, contract deliverables, and trends to policymakers, scholars and the media
- Ability to establish credibility throughout the organization by effectively balancing strategic vision with tactical implementation
- Broad political and technical understanding of current educational and assessment trends and practices, as well as proven ability to successfully interact with colleagues in the field on substantive issues
- Significant experience successfully managing and meeting operational and research budgets and relevant financial metrics
Measured Progress is partnering with Ligature Partners on this search. For additional information on this position and/or to apply, please visit Ligature Partners website, or you may contact Elizabeth Garzarelli directly at (828) 271-4004 (office), (828) 242-3088 (mobile), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Director of Sales and Marketing
Location: Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
The Director of Sales & Marketing oversees and manages all aspects of the Sales and Marketing Departments to build and close leads across our products and services. The Director creates and implements marketing and sales plans for Measured Progress products that help the organization accomplish its mission, in line with the vision and strategy roadmap, to reach revenue and market objectives and goals. This position will partner with key leadership counterparts in the organization to establish high level business goals that will drive growth, and will report to the Vice President of Marketing. Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and implement marketing and sales plans based on revenue goals, knowledge of mission, education policy, customer needs, and market trends and analytics.
- These efforts include creating and maintaining a content marketing campaign calendar; development of sales tools, collateral, and content; synthesizing market intelligence; lead generation; public relations; web/SEO strategies; and conducting and analyzing market research.
- Own the process and strategy development for positioning, messaging, segmentation analysis, product pricing, sales collateral and sales efforts.
- Own the development and execution of effective marketing and sales qualified lead generation.
- Identify target markets and sales territories for products and services.
- Lead, motivate, and manage sales and marketing teams in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals.
- Contribute to and improve District RFI and RFP responses in collaboration with the Proposals team.
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative data sources to drive recommendations, using insights obtained from market research, customer analytics, client segmentation and best practices.
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive trends; effectively communicate these trends to the organization and make recommendations as appropriate for new marketing approaches.
- Develop, implement, and periodically review sales channel strategies, including both field and business-to-business sales channels.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets.
- Prepare and present monthly and annual sales and marketing reports and forecasts.
- Prepare and present annual sales and marketing plans with quarterly updates.
- Lead and support marketing and sales activities guided by the Pragmatic Marketing framework and associated industry best practices, guiding the team in fostering a market-driven and market-research oriented culture company-wide.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in product/service marketing in the K-12 education marketplace with demonstrated sales success and ability to execute successful sales strategies
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience with staff development and mentoring in a sales environment
- At least two (2) years of comparable industry-based senior leadership experience in education assessment (in combination with a bachelor’s degree) can substitute for the advanced degree requirement
- Strong working knowledge and first-hand experience with the full range of marketing/sales support tools, systems, resources, approaches, and processes appropriate for the K-12 education marketplace
- Outstanding organizational and management skills, including the ability to provide high performance leadership and team management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, including proven presentation/training skills
- Understanding of the K-12 assessment market, the competitive landscape, and key industry trends and drivers
- Understanding of local (and state) education agency decision making processes and protocols and the decision making/influencing roles of key players at each level
- Pragmatic Marketing certifications are preferred
- Director of Reporting
Location: Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 16-DTA_RPTGSV-2004
The Director of Reporting oversees the operational data and reporting of all assessment programs and products. Works collaboratively with other stakeholders and is responsible for developing and defining the vision for reporting within the organization, both for complex, large scale, high stakes programs and small scale, simpler, rapid turnaround district products. Designs, supports, and guides the implementation of enterprise improvement initiatives related to structure, operational procedures and communication strategies while maintaining a high quality of all assessment data related deliverables. Develops and implements the strategy, planning, budgeting and administration of all data and reporting activities for the organization. This includes aligning resources to the corporate business plan and ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and with quality that meets business requirements. Analyzes the policy and business implications of all data and reporting initiatives. Prioritizes, designs and leads all necessary change management activities to meet evolving business conditions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance and vision for both current and next generation reporting.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of data and reporting teams.
- Ensure reporting systems reflect valid data and encourage interpretations that can be supported by the measurement solution.
- Drive the monitoring of current processes, identify opportunities for improvement, design, and document improvements.
- Design data systems aligned with accepted measurement practices and data analyses standards.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop data flow and reporting plans including requirements, tasks, and milestones.
- Represent the program/product at internal meetings, serve as the first point of contact for client requests, and serve as the first point of contact for functional groups regarding data flow and reporting procedures.
- Inform R&D efforts according to client and market need.
- Serve as an advocate for Data & Reporting Service (DRS) capabilities when working with other functional groups and help drive towards a cost effective, efficient, solution that aligns with what the client is trying to achieve.
- Identify, implement and document a framework to ensure effective operations controls and meaningful communication on reporting capabilities and activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with departments to include client management, IT and measurement services in defining reporting requirements, establishing time frames for delivery, reviewing for quality and reconciling data.
- Define and implement operational procedures, lead the data and reporting staff in the management of projects and resources.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of educational assessment
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education (minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or related filed) and experience (equal to a minimum of 9 years)
- Extensive experience working with analytics, business intelligence, and data management software – e.g. SAS, SPSS, SQL Crystal Reports, etc.
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes for consideration. If you’ve applied in the past and would like to view or update your information or apply for another position, please login to our self-service website.