Be a Part of Our Future
Are you an accomplished educational assessment leader who is looking for an opportunity to advance K-12 education? A not-for-profit organization, Measured Progress seeks leaders who share our mission of improving teaching and learning through forward-thinking assessment programs and services. Review our Featured Opportunities, below, to see how you can join our collaborative and energetic environment.
For more information on our Featured Opportunities, please access the position link(s) below and/or contact our Director of Employment and Employee Relations directly.
- Program Manager III
Location:Dover, NH 100 Education Way
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 16-STATE-1971
The Program Manager III will provide leadership in the design, planning, budgeting, and implementation of activities related to a contract or program(s) of substantial size and/or complexity. The Program Manager III will communicate the program’s overall design to personnel and ensure staff members are knowledgeable about the scope of the program, specific needs, and their own role. The Program Manager III will advise and work with senior-level client staff and provide technical and status reports. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Plan, initiate, budget, schedule, and manage activities throughout the contract’s life cycle. Work with internal and external personnel to ensure that activities are completed on time, in line with budget, and to a standard that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations.
- Design effective and innovative approaches and strategies to satisfy project goals and constraints. Responsible for managing the transition from paper-and-pencil testing to an online computer-adaptive format, where applicable.
- Assist with and/or prepare activities related to proposal design development (i.e., writing, editing, and production).
- Create and monitor budgets; lead and conduct negotiations with senior-level client staff prior to and during the project’s life cycle, whether related to budgetary, logistical, or technical issues.
- Manage and deploy company resources effectively at various sites as necessary to complete programs.
- Lead and facilitate meetings, workshops, and training sessions with clients, staff, committees, and internal stakeholders.
- Initiate and implement contracts with consultants and subcontractors, and ensure they are familiar with organizational procedures and expectations as well as project specifics; create test blueprints and test/field test designs.
- Manage contract budget and monitor project changes and change-order process, ensuring scope changes are reflected in contracts, budgets, and schedules.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction and communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Manage project budget; understand basic revenue models, p/l, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly; accurately forecast and analyze revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates, and utilization.
- Lead the team to prioritize authorized project work based on analysis of strategic importance, outstanding tasks, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources, and deadlines.
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project timelines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
- Evaluate all key project deliverables as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality, and client acceptance.
- Identify, track, manage, and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
- Change management: develop workable implementation plans; communicate changes effectively; monitor transition and evaluate results.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible program management experience to include three (3) years of assessment industry experience and two (2) years of demonstrated supervisory experience
- PMP certification is required
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes for consideration. If you’ve applied in the past and would like to view or update your information or apply for another position, please login to our self-service website.