Be a Part of Our Future
Are you an accomplished educational assessment leader who is looking for an opportunity to advance K-12 education? A not-for-profit organization, Measured Progress seeks leaders who share our mission of improving teaching and learning through forward-thinking assessment programs and services. Review our Featured Opportunities, below, to see how you can join our collaborative and energetic environment.
For more information on our Featured Opportunities, please access the position link(s) below and/or contact our Director of Employment and Employee Relations directly.
- Regional Business Development Director
Location: Off site
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Position Code: 16-SALES-1902
The Regional Business Development Director (RBDD) is responsible for selling assessment products and services in the K-12 school district market with specific focus on early adoption opportunities in key districts. As a valued resource, this individual works closely with K-12 school district leadership to help improve student achievement and learning through the use of high-quality formative assessment products and services, is responsible for informing market research plans to identify the strategic fit of Measured Progress products to emerging market requirements, and identifies opportunities to establish relationships and affiliations with key personnel of local school districts and professional organizations. The RBDD also identifies partnering opportunities that may serve as alternative sales channels for district products and services, and will work closely with the large-scale state business development team, product management, and product marketing to define and execute specific territory plans including support that is necessary to ensure individual, segment, and overall goals. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Sell Measured Progress formative assessment products and services within an assigned geography, with particular emphasis (80%) on early adoption in key K-12 districts of eMPower Assessments™ and/or customized District Assessment Services (DAS).
- Meet assigned goals that include new business, retention, and overall client satisfaction.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to build a business pipeline of opportunities that are intended to lead to the achievement of revenue objectives.
- Work closely with large scale business development team members, inside sales representatives and/or corporate headquarters’ team as assigned. Duties include the following:
- Conduct outside sales, which include travel, development of leads, and calling on potential customers.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of products and services.
- Utilize the provided Customer Relationship Management program (CRM) extensively to manage contacts and document all activities.
- Provide weekly reports to designated management.
- Provide on-line demonstrations of Measured Progress content solutions via partner platforms or specific solutions defined for demonstrations.
- Prepare proposals and presentations to clients.
- Contribute to market research regarding the identified market and competitors.
- Work with product marketing team to develop new marketing requirements for existing products and services, and also inform new opportunities for product and service extensions or entirely new offerings.
- Attend monthly sales meetings and participate in collaborative and strategic discussions as required.
- Develop an annualized plan that is updated quarterly and reviewed with peers and management.
- In conjunction with product management and product marketing, develop a continuous program of client engagement to assure satisfaction and renewal of products and services.
- Work with internal sales administration to ensure timely processes, including invoicing and collection as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of sales and/or marketing experience in the K-12 education sector, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience equal to twelve (12) years
- Experience must include in-depth knowledge and understanding of large (K-12) school districts as well as assessment solutions that deliver value in that market segment
- Knowledge of MS Office and Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Local travel within the assigned territory (30%-40%)
- Additional travel periodically (10%-15%)
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes for consideration. If you’ve applied in the past and would like to view or update your information or apply for another position, please login to our self-service website.